Eden Weimaraners presents Olivia & Horatio puppies

This blog will follow Olivia, CH Eden N Nimble's Maine Attraction JH, NSD, NRD, V through her pregancy and birth of her litter of puppies with Ch Eden's Horatio, Horatio or Mr. H. as he is also called. Please come back often for updates and lots of photos!



Saturday, July 31, 2010

Turquoise boy nursing

What a fun and busy day we had! My friends Lani and Marcie came over and we played with the babies for over 6 hours. Lani has been coming to see the puppies almost daily since they were born but this was the first time Marcie got to see them. Olivia was just fine letting Marcie in the baby room with them. I think Marcie had a good time, she got peed on by a puppy! How fun is that!

I don't really have to bottle feed the babies but I had some formula on hand in case I needed it and since it is fun to do, I thought I would try to give Olivia a break by giving them a bottle once in awhile. Before today Turquoise by was the only one that liked to bottle feed. He goes crazy for it! Today though I had Daphane and one other puppy, I think it was Blue boy go absolutely crazy for the bottle. It is really fun to feed them.

I have noticed for the first time that the babies are really starting to notice things around them. I added a few toys to the whelping box and I saw Daphane start to try to play with one of her siblings. It is really fun and interesting to watch them change daily. I am sure by next week this time, they will all be playing a lot.
They are starting to vocalize more with little barks and growls. It is very cute!

I think we got some good photos, I need to go through them all. I received a few calls today and will return them tomorrow guys.
Thanks Lani and Marcie for coming over and helping with the babies! They love all their "aunties"!



No comments:

Post a Comment